Heavy machinery training simulators
Up until now the practical tests have only been carried out under unequal conditions at work places where the machinery is being used. However when the simulators are used it becomes possible to carry out the tests in a uniform manner with stardardized methods and under secure conditions.
Licence to operate heavy machinery
Vinnueftirlitið – the Administration of Occupational Safety and Health offers heavy machinery operator training courses with operator training simulators for both practical tests and for practical training for heavy machinery operators.
In order to get a licence to operate heavy machinery the person in question must be 17 years of age, possess a valid driving permit and have completed the necessary courses and training. The courses are concluded by an examination that qualifies you to begin the practical training under the supervision of an instructor. When you have completed the practical training in the instruction simulator there will be a practical test in the practical test simulator. Having completed the practical test you apply for a heavy machinery operator licence that will permit you to operate the specific heavy machinery.
Five steps toward a licence
In order to obtain a heavy machinery operator licence you need to be 17 years of age and have a valid driving permit.
After having completed the primary course you can start practical training under the supervision of an instructor. The Administration of Occupational Safety and Health offers heavy machinery operator training courses with operator training simulators for specific heavy machinery under the guidance of an instructor.
To book a practice session call 550 4600 or email email@example.com
A practical test can be taken after the completion of practical training. The Administration of Occupational Safety and Health offers practical tests with machinery simulators for specific heavy equipment machinery.
To book a test call 550 4600 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
When a student has completed the practical test he/she can apply for a heavy machinery operator licence that permits one to operate the specific heavy machinery.
Please Note! – You need to file a request for practice time or for testing in a machinery simulator prior to the beginning of the practice time or testing.
Æfingatími eða próftaka í vélahermi
Categories of equipment and machinery in simulators
- On-site cranes (construction cranes)
- Port cranes, lifting power > 18 tm
- Lattice jib cranes, lifting power > 18 tm
- Loading cranes, lifting power > 18 tm
- Hydraulic telescopic boom lifts, lifting power > 18 tm
Loading cranes, lifting power 8 – 18 tm
- Escavators on wheels/tracks w/ 360°rotation, dead weight more than 4 tonnes
- Escavators on wheels (tractor escavators), dead weight more than 4 tonnes
- Front end loaders on tracks, dead weight more than 4 tonnes
- Front end loaders on wheels, dead weight more than 4 tonnes
- Towing vehicle, engine > 15 kW
- Power sweepers, snowploughs and -blowers, motor wheelbarrows and more, engine > 15 kW
- Tractors with equipment, engine > 15 kW
- Material transfer pumps, mixers, dumpers
- Specially equipped industrial plant heavy machinery, engine > 15 kW
- Escavators and backhoe loaders, dead weight ≤ 4 tonnes
- Piste caterpillars, engine > 15 kW
- Hauling tugs engine > 15 kW
- Fork lifts with mast/telescopic boom, lifting power 1 – 10 tonnes
- Aviation equipment, engine > 15 kW
Vinnueftirlitið – Administration of Occupational Safety and Health
Dvergshöfði 2, second floor
For enquiries and further information contact the e-mail address: email@example.com
The simulators are of type Vortex from the company CM Labs .